Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We made it back home!!

Finally we are back home after being up and going for almost 24 hours now we are home. Our last day in Guangzhou was pretty uneventful as it was raining and storming most of the day and we had to cancel our Pearl River Cruise. We also decided to focus our shopping into a central location as we where unable to go to a wholesale market which was unfortunate. We also never got the chance to say goodbye to our little friend Millie and her family but I do hope we will be able to get together with them some time soon.

Sarah did not sleep well the night before we left and by the time I got done packing it was well past midnight and at 5:30 AM Wednesday morning China time we left to the airport. Sarah all in all did very well during the four plus hour flight to Tokyo, then 12 hours to Detroit and during the two hour delayed flight to Minneapolis all three of us slept at the same time for a change. The worst part of the flight was the security checks to many to count how many we really went thru and just shy of stripping you down and taking every bit of liquid you had on you out of your luggage it was a pestering ridiculous joke. I could not even take any juice or Pediasure on board for Sarah.

We arrived in MSP at 4:30 PM Wednesday and finally by some time around 6 PM we arrived at home. Oh it was so nice to see the boys I did not realize just how much I truly missed them until I had them both in my arms again. Samuel was so excited to see his sister and I was sad to see he seemed hurt that she was not as eager to let him hug and kiss her but this was all so new to her. The boys the animals who can not come near her yet. We are starting to work on the cats the dogs may have to stay outside for a bit. She loves her big brother and I am sure in a few days will be buddies with her brother Samuel.

Its now almost midnight and I am not sure if I am just not tired or just over tired but Sarah and the boys are in bed and it seemed almost too easy to get her to lay down after a nice bath so we shall see what the night brings :-) Our Little Miss Sarah now officially a US Citizen and a member of our family. One of the most amazing things to me is that she really does look a lot like Garry and we even had a few people in China mention that to us and even more amazing is that she is really here with us in her own room and it is as it was never meant to be any other way!