It has now been two weeks since gotcha day and Sarah is a true joy to our family. She has such a strong personality I could not imagine her not being a perfect part of this family ;-) and its hard to believe that it has ever been any other way. She appears to be adjusting so well to the changes that I wonder if it could be this easy?
We had several beautiful days went to a soccer practice and a school play and a soccer game of Samuel’s and now everyone is back at work and school so its just the two girls at home. I do hope she does not get bored with me too soon as she has such a high level of energy and there is only so much we can do the two of us. But once I do return to work I think she will do great at the Day Care center and will have Samuel there with her until Fall.
She is struggling with her nap times a bit as no matter how tired she fights to go to sleep and always wakes up crying but sleeps well thru the night no matter what. She has a very healthy appetite, likes hot dogs, fries but no burgers but loves her fresh fruit, yogurt and cheese which I am very very happy about. She had her first taste of Spaghetti and it was clear that she did not care for that at all. I am trying to introduce new things here and there but for the most part we are still on Rice / Oatmeal Cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, rice and noodle soup.
She just adores her big brother and is getting more comfortable playing with Samuel, she loves music and we sing a lot together. Samuel seems to be having a bit more difficult time dealing with the reality of no longer being the baby in the family so we hope to work thru that sooner then later.
Sarah is also tolerating the two dogs in the house now which is good, she still goes potty during the day and is picking up some words in English as well. Garry calls her his Roller Coaster Girl she loves to be flown thru the air and up and down. None of the rest of the family is huge on crazy rides. This coming week we need to get her appt. for the International Clinic setup to get a solid checkup and catch up on some immunizations as well.
W.I.S.E Up
14 years ago



