It’s been another day another sight to see, we went to the Buddha Temple and had Sarah’s Blessing by a Master Monk, went to the Freshwater Pearl Market and purchased her earrings and necklace for later days. All the sudden it seems our time her is breezing by. We had our Embassy Appointment this morning and everything went fine. Tomorrow afternoon we have our oath ceremony then we will get Sarah’s US Visa and Wednesday at 5 AM we leave to the airport to catch our 8:20 AM flight to Tokyo then back to the US.
We met some great families here some from our Waiting Child Online group and the kids are all such a joy and I really feel like it helps each one of them to have the others to share this part of their journey and the transition.
Sarah is doing great every day she picks up on something new, she such a joy! She is very funny to watch when she shows via facial expression what her reaction or mood is, she loves to sing and hums with me sometimes she is learning to blow kisses and loves to sit and look at books. However, we did have some encounters with cats and dogs and she was not a happy girl so we will have to work on that when we get home. She is a very good eater and once asleep she sleeps quite late. She is also partially potty trained and I wish I would have know ahead of time to bring some pull-ups as I have been unable to find them here. So during outings diapers have to do but I hope she won’t revert back to all diapers.
Today we also celebrated her 2nd Birthday with a little cake but most certainly have to have another small belated cake and celebration with her brothers at home.
Guangzhou has been good to us the people here are very kind and though we did not get as much of a chance to venture of the island this little area of colonial houses and the people living here have been super nice. We where able to do some shopping on the island and hope to get the rest at a Market off the island tomorrow morning. I wish I would have more time and yes more funds to shop for clothing for the two little ones Sarah and Samuel because the clothes here are super cheap and the girls stuff very very cute and plenty. Also there is some amazing art here and I really wish some of it would be easier to get to the states but oh well. I would have like to purchase a tea set here but I don’t know that it would arrive in one piece and I would be very unhappy to have it broken.
W.I.S.E Up
14 years ago



